Investment Frontier is currently looking to add the following position to our team:
CONTRIBUTOR & INVESTMENT ANALYST
Who we are: Investment Frontier launched in 2012 in an effort to provide a spotlight on all things Frontier Markets. The website over the past 6 years has established itself as the premier destination for information on Frontier Markets. We take pride in shedding light on investment opportunities that may appear to be esoteric or poorly understood as way to make these markets better understood and eventually to increase the flow of capital to these economies.
We do not charge for any of our content, and the website functions purely as a source of high-quality information. This enables us to remain objective and establish connections around the world to deliver unique and insightful information on a weekly basis. We have been featured in several publications including The Edge, Forbes, Washington Post, and the Sydney Morning Herald.
The position as Contributor & Investment Analyst is a voluntary position that will require up to 5 hours per week of work. It involves researching and writing articles that will be published on the website under your own byline.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Produce one quality piece of content per month
• Learn and understand how Frontier Markets work, including equity valuation, macroeconomic analysis, fundamental company analysis, commentary on current events, and implications of policy and business changes within Frontier Markets
• Develop a broad-based expertise that would be useful in any investment or finance-related position.
What you will bring to the team:
• Passion for Frontier Markets
• A solid grounding in mathematics, economics, and investments.
• An open mind and a willingness to learn
• Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Why join us?
The Founders of Investment Frontier have experience across a broad set of investments. Michael ran one of the largest trading books in Asia for one of the largest banks in the world and is currently focused on microfinance in Frontier Markets. Rayan worked in equities in Hong Kong covering a number of markets, ran a major pension fund, financial and treasury for one of the world’s largest mining companies and is currently running an Investment Management firm focused on equity investing in residential real estate.
You will have an opportunity to work closely and learn from both Mike and Rayan, as you hone your own investment analysis skill. This position and the experience gained will provide a solid footing for any individual looking to build a career in Frontier Markets and/or investing.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a short paragraph about why you would make an ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com with the subject “CONTRIBUTOR / INVESTMENT ANALYST”.